Join the IAEL
The IAEL has two types of membership, each with benefits appropriate for the relevant category of member. Full Membership is open to all practising entertainment lawyers, whether employed in the industry or in private practice. Associate Membership is open to students and lawyers who have still to complete the relevant training qualification in their relevant jurisdiction.
The IAEL has always believed that one of the key benefits of membership has been the opportunity to join a specialist, international forum sharing knowledge and experience of legal and commercial issues of interest and concern to entertainment lawyers. Inclusion within the members database means your name will appear in a list of specialists which provides a first port of call for many when instructing entertainment lawyers in your territory.
Other benefits include free copies of the annual IAEL Book, as well as concessionary tariffs to industry events such as MIDEM and priority consideration for contributions to these activities. For full details click on the relevant link below:
The membership of the IAEL consists of more than 200 practising lawyers, from 21 countries, each of whom receives the following benefits:
- A free copy of the IAEL Book published each year in January. The price of the book to non-members is usually in excess of €60. Since 2004 the book has been produced with the assistance of FRUKT, the team behind Music Intelligence; the monthly industry magazine for music executives.
- FRUKT offer IAEL members a £100 discount on annual subscriptions to Music Intelligence (usual price £495, IAEL members £345) and all subsequent subscriptions priced at £250.
- Concessionary tariff for entry to MIDEM. For Midem 2011 the special rate for IAEL members amounted to a saving on even the early-bird rate for other Midem attendees and was available right up to the start of the event.
- We will also seek to continue to offer discounts to IAEL members on other events - in recent years this has included the ICC at Cannes Film Festival.
- Inclusion in the searchable database of Members available on-line which is a first port of call for many when instructing lawyers in your territory.
- Priority consideration for contributions to the IAEL Book and for sitting on IAEL panels at MIDEM and other events.
The cost of annual membership is 325 euros. If however you wish to make a joint application with one or more other members of the same firm then the cost for the second applicant is 300 euros, for the third applicant 280 euros, for the fourth applicant 250 euros and for each applicant thereafter 200 euros.
Associate membership is open to students and lawyers who have still to complete the relevant training qualification in their relevant jurisdiction who wish to enjoy the following benefits:
- A free copy of the IAEL Book published each year. The price of the book to non-members is usually in excess of €50. Since 2004 the book has been produced with the assistance of FRUKT, the team behind Music Intelligence; the monthly industry magazine for music executives.
- Inclusion in the list of Associate Members available on-line.
The cost of annual membership is €100.